Monday, February 15, 2010

Intriguing...



The evening of my date with "The Ginger" all started with a bit too much anticipation and jitters. He was only texting back every hour or so (this does not stand well with my mad texting skillz) and I only had tonic water and a few M&Ms during my shift at work. We finally pinned down some plans to meet at a neighborhood bar (we live 7 blocks from each other, which could ultimately be good or really, really bad) around 12:30 once I was off.

"When you get here I'm sitting at the bar with a red beanie."

I swung the doors open to the bar and there he was sitting with his back to me. "Alright, here it goes, show him who's boss." (I give myself pep talks all the time). I sidled right next to him at the bar and flashed a smile. "Ohhh hey..." He paused with a grin on his face and passed me a glass and a pitcher of beer. We eventually moved to a booth and discussed everything from Passion Pit (super points) to how his dad sold him his '95 Jeep for $287. At some point he took off his hat and my heart twitterpated with joy. His curly, wavy beautiful red hair flowed out with nonchalant hipster, snowboarder ease. Some of the best red hair I've ever seen.

The bar tender announced last call and for some reason we both decided on a shot of bourbon to end the night. The conversation was going so well he suggested we hang out at his place and I agreed. I threw on my bright orange parka, he threw on a sleek snowboarder jacket and we walked a few blocks to his apartment. It was a pretty nice place with books on shelves, across the fire place mantel, and a top the back of his toilette. He admitted to not even reading half of them.

Everything went well, maybe a bit too well... I mean this is a social experiment right? I can't hit one out of the park on my first try. As I was leaving he tried to kiss me, I ever so coyly moved my face to the side and he planted one on my cheek. He looked me straight in the eyes and mumbled, "Intriguing..." I laughed and we parted ways.

There are plans for a dinner... I'm crossing my fingers for steak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey leave us note, sassafras!