I must say my world on Match.com has hit a sort of lull within the past week. I had the amazingly quirky date with The Ginger last Saturday... but that really has been my highlight of this experience thus far. He said he would call on Monday and he did, so we made some plans for Thursday. I was pretty excited, but got so caught up with work that I couldn't even peruse options online during my lunch break.
Thursday came and I left work with a skip in my step. The Ginger and I had texted earlier in the day and decided on meeting up around 9ish. I texted him at 8:45 to let him know I was ready and to figure out where to meet up. He was rather delayed in a response and after a bit of painful back and forth I receive this lil gem in my inbox,
"Man, I've had a lot to drink."
Seriously?! Seriously. You're about to go on a date and you decide to go out and get trashed with the guys. I quickly responded with a slightly bitchy, majorly annoyed text that read, "Well, when you decide that you want to get to know me soberly, let me know." And then a rather pathetic text back of, "Awe man, I fucked up." Yes Ginger, yes you did. I haven't heard from him since and 20 bucks says he doesn't remember a thing, woke up in the morning and was humiliated. Or at least that's how I hope it happened.
Since then I've gotten some rather amusing emails that have yet to come to fruition. One guy offered to buy me a fish sandwich... I said I preferred steak.
Another wrote to me in the third person. It started with, "Hi there. Matt's away from his profile right now, but really likes your profile. " and continued from there. He did mention currently being in England, as I read this my heart skipped about 5 or 6 beats at the thought and I woke up in a daze sprawled on my bed day dreaming of little Emma Grace and Laurence frolicking through green pastures at our vacation home in Manchester. I've written him back and will see what kind of irrational response I get this time.
I hope for a more successful and entertaining week this week, if not for my sake, then for your reading pleasure.
I think Sarah may have some things up her sleeve, so stay tuned!



Hey chicas! I just linked to your blog in my latest post!
ReplyDeleteI've been meaning to comment on your dating stories, both of your's, but have been majorly short of time - promise to do it soon!