This will be us someday
I'll be honest, this isn't going to be the most exciting post you've ever read. But I like to keep you guys up to date with my dating life because you seem like it, Lord help you.
I'm gooshing a bit, I know. I was by no means swept off my feet, but I really do want to see him again. Immature shenanigans are sure to ensue.
So I went out with... Let's call him Corey Mathews. Because he has hair like a brillo pad and I absolutely LOVE it. That kind of hair is instantly endearing to me and earns guys about 10 billion points before they open their mouths. Anyone else who grew up watching TGIF understands, I'm sure.
We pursued the Buffalo Exchange while we waited for our table at City O City and he was quite entertaining. It took him a bit to loosen up. I thought surely the racks upon racks of ironic t-shirts and odd accessories from the 80s would open him up but it was the pea coat display that really got him going. After that we were gold. We bantered back and forth like old pals.
I've been going out with a lot of older people these days. Late twenties into the thirties. They're great, don't get me wrong, but I forgot how fun it is to be with someone my own age. I could see spending a really incredible summer with him- late nights, tan skin,porches, mixed tapes, and everything being young in the summer ought to be about. I can't see that happening with The Scientist or the Man in the Plaid Shirt. I'm just not to that level yet. We could relate on an entirely different level as well. We talked about where we were when Columbine happened (for those reading from other countries- google it) and there was no weird moment of "Oh, so you were graduated when I was in 6th grade. Awesome." We talked about all of it and knew exactly what the other person meant and felt.
I'm gooshing a bit, I know. I was by no means swept off my feet, but I really do want to see him again. Immature shenanigans are sure to ensue.
<3,
Sarah
PS- Watch it just to listen to the song




No comments:
Post a Comment
Hey leave us note, sassafras!