Friday, March 5, 2010

I Think You're Cute


As Sarah has informed you ever avid readers... there has been a strange ruckus in the Less Than Three camp. This new found confidence has spilled over into our daily lives. I find it quite invigorating. I now can't help but make the unsuspecting bank teller stammer over his words when I wink at him, our new sound engineer grin when I relentlessly flirt or shoot a nonchalant smile with some coy eyes to the stocker in the produce section while I shop.

I've been dropping the F bomb a bit more regularly, smoking a few more cigarettes and listening to Heartbreaker by MSTRKRFT on repeat... All in good manipulative fun of course. It evokes a sense of empowerment that I have found to love and seems to drive the gentlemen mad.

One cute bar tender has made some appearances in my life recently... and I still can't quite figure out how I feel about it the situation. Shannon, the assistant to the CEO at my work, and I went out for Julie's, our Front Office Manager, 30th birthday last Saturday. I happened to have a few classes with one of the bar tenders at the joint we were at and caught up with him while I ordered. As I was sipping my Gin & Tonic I looked up just in time to make awkward eye contact with one of the other bar tenders... I looked up AGAIN and this time he was staring. I got a little twitterpated, smiled and looked away.

When we went up to order more drinks, he took mine. After handing me my drink he introduced himself with a courteous hand shake,
"Hi my name is Paul."
"Oh hi, my name is Genevieve."
"I love that name."

My heart started to beat quite rapidly, I couldn't keep eye contact. By this point I was a little confused, what bar tender introduces himself to the 100th person he's served that night? We stayed seated at the bar and he continued to talk to me in between orders... but we weren't shooting the breeze. It felt like first date questions. After I got back from the bathroom, Shannon was convinced Paul was talking about me to my friend Chris, the other bar tender. I denied it and told her to quite egging me on. Yet sure enough he came up to me after another order and asked if I liked having music classes with Chris. It kept progressing and progressing to the point where I looked down and saw a piece of paper by my hands. I opened it to a note that read, "I think you're cute." I smiled to myself, wrote my number down and passed it back across the bar.

Shannon and I closed the bar down that night. We stayed well past last call and of course ate some food with the staff. When 2:30 hit I insisted that we go and he offered to walk us to the door. The minute we were outside, I let out a squeal that I'm sure he heard.

We've hung out a few more times this week... I mean he is nice to look at and all;)

2 comments:

Hey leave us note, sassafras!